We use cookies to enhance your visit. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies.       About Our Cookies right arrow     Accept and Hide cookie policy

Posted On: 8th Feb 2017

'Legal High' Lows

Shane Danino

A teenager who nearly died after unwittingly smoking a new psychoactive substance, formerly known as a 'legal high', is warning of the dangers of taking unknown substances.

 

Shane Danino has made this film with Fixers telling how he ended up in hospital after a friend offered him a smoke.

 

The 16-year-old says: ‘It suddenly hit me and I was out of it; it was strange, like I was having an out of body experience.’

 

Shane doesn’t recall what happened next, but his sister came and found him and called an ambulance.

 

He says: ‘She was extremely worried. She later told me that I was crawling up a tree and barking like a dog, and then I had a fit.

 

‘One wrong decision almost destroyed me. I want to warn others not to take things when you’re not sure what’s in it.

 

Shane, who is studying music, plans to share his film in schools and colleges.

 

He says: ‘I see a lot of young people smoking around Manchester, so I want them to know what happened to me.’

 

This project is supported by Make My Day Better.

 

To find other resources on this topic, and watch Fixers films, click on the image below.

 

Comments

displaying 1 - 3 of 50
fixer hero

Charity No 298643    Company No 2194957