Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT) is committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and remaining transparent when it comes to our data practices. Communication with our young people and supporters is vital so we promise to treat your information with care, respect your personal information and privacy, not share or sell your information to other organisations and make sure you can update how you want to hear from us at any time.
1) Information about you
a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Contact us or register with us through our website
- Register with us for one of our projects
- Fill out a form at one of our events
- Make a donation on paper, online or over the phone
b) This personal information may include but is not limited to the following:
- Your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- Your postal/email address (work and home)
- Your phone number (work and home)
- Special category data – including ethnic & racial origin, religious belief, sexual orientation.
- Your employers details
- Your job title
- Information about you that is publically available on the internet
- Details about you that you or others provide to us such as video footage of you or photos of you
- Your bank details (if you have donated money to Fixers)
- Details of donations you have made to Fixers
c) We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you.
2) Our use of this information
Your personal information will only be used by us to:
- Record any contact we have with you and your interactions with us;
- Maintain our organisational records;
- Process your requests;
- Respond to your questions or comments;
- Keep in touch with you about our work
- Provide you with relevant, tailored communications
- Process donations or other payments and verify financial transactions
- Carry out research or prepare reports
3) Selling or swapping your information
a) We will never sell or swap your personal details with other organisations.
b) We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including delivering postal mail, sending emails and checking or analysing data.
c) We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and we ensure that your data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
d) We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention.
4) Retaining your information
a) We will retain your information for as long as you have an active relationship with Fixers.
b) If you cease to have an active relationship with us or request to receive no further contact, we will retain some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
c) If you would prefer us to delete your data we will do so at your request.
a) Fixers undertakes all appropriate measures to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us. This includes the use of secure servers, firewalls and data encryption.
b) We ensure that our employees understand the importance of protecting your personal data.
c) Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this. We bear no responsibility for our communications being virus or harm free.
a) A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
b) The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website. We do not use other types of cookie that track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
d) Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
7) Other Information
a) If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, or request a report detailing the information we hold about you then please email us at any time